MINIX today announced the latest additions to their product line – NEO X8 and X8s. The NEO X8 and X8s will both be powered by the latest generation of Amlogic chipsets; the NEO X8 will use the standard Amlogic S802, whilst the NEO X8s will adopt the Amlogic S802-H – offering full Dolby Digital and DTS support.
Both devices will offer:
- 4K2K UHD Video Decoding and Output
- 1080p FHD Video Encoding
- Quad Core Cortex A9r4 Processor
- Octo Core Mali-450 GPU
- Android KitKat 4.4 OS
- TrustZone & Trusted Video Path for Security & DRM
- Support HDMI-CEC
- Bluetooth 4.0 and Ethernet
- Audio and Headphone Jacks, 3 USB Ports + 1 OTG Port.
However, there are noticeable differences between the two models:
- NEO X8 will offer only 8GB EMMC internal storage, whilst the NEO X8s offers 16GB EMMC.
- NEO X8 delivers single-band Wi-Fi, whilst the NEO X8s includes dual-band Wi-Fi (2.4GHz and 5GHz)
- The NEO X8s offers full Dolby Digital and DTS Support, which is not available on the NEO X8.
The NEO X8 and X8s will be priced according to their different specifications, with exact retail prices to follow shortly, and are expected to be available to buy from late May onwards.
MINIX also announced a new addition to its range of air-mouses, the NEO M1, delivering six-axis gyroscope support and built-in anti-shake technology for superior accuracy and control.
The form factor of the NEO M1 is much smaller than that of previous models, being just 146mm x 39mm x 12.6mm, and also includes a built-in rechargeable lithium battery. Pricing information for the NEO M1 will also follow shortly.